AMSTAT has become nationally recognized for helping researchers and doctoral students analyze the qualitative data. Hundreds of thousands of successful clients cite these reasons for choosing to work with AMSTAT:
- All of our principals have PhDs at leading universities, including Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia.
- They include nationally renowned scholars who are also talented professors.
- They have over 100 years of practical experience in qualitative methods.
- They are experts in using qualitative data analysis software such as NVivo, Nud*ist, HyperResearch, and Atlas.
- They are adept with scholarly databases such as JSTOR, Ebsco, ProQuest, Scopus, Questia, Blackwell Synergy, ScienceDirect, and many others.
- Our fees usually pale in comparison to the savings and additional profits that our work produces for our clients.
- Over 90% of our clients request our assistance more than once, as our clients are almost universally happy with our different brands of consulting.
- We are more reasonably priced than most other consultants.
- We offer personalized, comprehensive, and friendly support during and after your consultation with us.
- We offer ultra-fast turnaround times, often completing sections within 4-5 business days.
We are happy to provide the help you need at any or all of the following steps in earning the data-based answers you request:
- Establishing and operationalizing your research questions
- Providing ample instruction on the methods used
- Coding, thematizing, and providing reporting of findings for a study
- Identifying themes and sub-themes
- Coding documents in order to count the word-phrase clusters
- Creating a word-phrase cluster in the form of classified conceptual categories for the purpose of counting those conceptually categorized words or phrases
- Addressing specific subthemes that the thematic constructs have
- Providing numerical frequencies and standard scores for each master theme and sub-theme
- Writing up all results, including APA tables and figures
- Explaining the results
- Allowing unlimited e-mail and phone support to ensure that you completely understand the results of the analysis
- Preparing an effective PowerPoint Presentation.
We are dedicated to helping our clients analyze their qualitative data utilizing a number of different methodologies.
Meta-Analysis is a methodology employed to synthesize the outcomes of various studies related to the same topic or outcome measure. We can achieve the integration of research findings through qualitative means. Qualitative meta-analysis follows the same replicable procedures of a quantitative meta-analysis; however, it is interpretive rather than aggregative. It is critical to define the domain of research and establish criteria for including studies in the review.
Standardized as a phenomenological research methodology by Moustakas (1994), the modified van Kaam (1959) method involves understanding the essence, meaning, and structure of an individual’s lived experiences. AMSTAT Consulting uses this methodology to look for patterns and trends by identifying shared beliefs.
We are experts in observing events, stating a hypothesis, observing additional events, and evaluating whether the new observations follow the hypothesis. We can ease the process for anyone who uses analytic induction.
Logical or Matrix Analysis
Logical or matrix analysis emphasizes the processes of reasoning while analytic induction relies on observations. Thus, how the answer is found is as important as what the answer actually is.
When designing an interview schedule, it is imperative to ask questions that are likely to yield as much information about the study phenomenon as possible and also be able to address the aims and objectives of the research. In a qualitative interview, good questions should be open-ended (ie, require more than a yes/no answer), neutral, sensitive and understandable. It is usually best to start with questions that participants can answer easily and then proceed to more difficult or sensitive topics. This can help put respondents at ease, build up confidence and rapport and often generates rich data that subsequently develops the interview further.
As in any research, it is often wise to first pilot the interview schedule on several respondents prior to data collection proper. This allows the research team to establish if the schedule is clear, understandable and capable of answering the research questions, and if, therefore, any changes to the interview schedule are required. The length of interviews varies depending on the topic, researcher and participant. However, on average, healthcare interviews last 20-60 minutes. Interviews can be performed on a one-off or, if change over time is of interest, repeated basis, for example exploring the psychosocial impact of oral trauma on participants and their subsequent experiences of cosmetic dental surgery.
Developing the interview
Before an interview takes place, respondents should be informed about the study details and given assurance about ethical principles, such as anonymity and confidentiality. This gives respondents some idea of what to expect from the interview, increases the likelihood of honesty and is also a fundamental aspect of the informed consent process. Wherever possible, interviews should be conducted in areas free from distractions and at times and locations that are most suitable for participants. For many this may be at their own home in the evenings. Whilst researchers may have less control over the home environment, familiarity may help the respondent to relax and result in a more productive interview. Establishing rapport with participants prior to the interview is also important as this can also have a positive effect on the subsequent development of the interview.
This list shows a sample of the past clients.
Read the latest posts
“I have worked closely with AMSTAT on the data analysis/results of two research projects so feel as though I am knowledgeable about their expertise. On all accounts, the company provided me with reliable data analysis and results that I could translate into publishable format. They are conscientious experts who provide keen insights into appropriate data analysis given various data sets. I highly recommend them for your data support needs!”
“Dr. Ann has been instrumental in helping with our statistical needs. In addition to her professionalism, she has been prompt and thorough with all of our requests. Dr. Ann’s work is impeccable, and I would recommend her services to anyone in need of assistance with methods or interpretation. We plan on using Dr. Ann for all of our future needs, and I am thrilled to have been introduced to her.”
“We have been very pleased with working with AMSTAT. The service was custom tailored and on time completion. The report was detailed with excellent graphics. The cost of the services was affordable for a start-up company such as EndoLogic! Dr. Ann is very detail oriented and likes to know the project thoroughly that is being analyzed.”
“I am a physician and was in need of data analysis of research data. I found AMSTAT on online search. Dr. Ann called me and explained the process involved in data analysis. Dr. Ann was always very prompt, helpful, intelligent and took time explaining the various tests used in conducting data analysis. Thank you so much!! I look forward to working with you in the future.”
“Extremely professional. Attends to your project needs with skills and expertise. Pays attention to all details. Offers suggestions and recommendation for better and more effective use of your data. Creative and sincere. Thank you very much.”
“My project required the analysis of a complex survey that required a great deal of help in organizing the data and analyses. In addition, the project required a quick turn-around. AMSTAT asked all the right questions, made realistic and helpful suggestions, and completed the project in a timely manner. They were professional and helpful throughout the process. I highly recommend them.”