AMSTAT Consulting’s Four Areas of Expertise
AMSTAT Consulting provides research and analysis for numerous local, state, and federal government entities, schools, community, non-profit organizations and business clients.
Thousands of successful clients cite these reasons for choosing to work with AMSTAT Consulting:
- All of our principals have PhD in statistics at leading universities including Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia.
- They include nationally renowned scholars who are also talented professors.
- They have extensive backgrounds in statistics and over 100 years of practical experience in evaluation.
- They are experts in statistical programming languages such as SAS, SPSS, STATA, HLM, Mplus, R, and Access.
We are happy to provide the help you need at any or all of the following steps in earning the answers you request:
- developing a detailed program evaluation management plan;
- reviewing program documents and records;
- conducting pre-program development (Needs Assessment) evaluation;
- conducting implementation (Process or Formative) evaluation;
- conducting impact (Performance, Outcome or Summative) evaluation;
- conducting site and classroom observations;
- conducting focus group interviews;
- conducting surveys;
- leading site evaluation team meetings;
- inputting, organizing, and cleaning the data;
- implementing data analysis;
- developing written evaluation reports;
- presenting evaluation results to governing board.
We are experts in devising the sampling plan. We can choose the various options such as:
- Simple Random Sampling
- Stratified Random Sampling
- Cluster Sampling
- Quota Sampling
- Purposive Sampling
- Snowball Sampling
We are dedicated to detecting and correcting corrupt or inaccurate records from a record set, table, or database. The process of data cleaning includes data auditing, workflow specification, workflow execution, post-processing, and controlling.
We can use popular methods. Those include parsing, data transformation, duplicate elimination, and statistical methods. By analyzing the data using the values of mean, standard deviation, range, and clustering algorithms, we can find values that are unexpected and thus erroneous.
We can examine any standardized residual greater than about 3 in absolute value, Hat element greater than 3p/n (p=k+1, k degrees of freedom), a Cook’s distance > 1, and Mahalanobis’s distance for case. We run Outlier Analysis such as a run-sequence plot, a scatter plot, a histogram, and a box plot.
We are experts in specifying the initial survey based on your research interest. We can choose the various options of scales such as:
- Nominal Scales
- Ordinal Scales
- Interval Scales
- Ratio Scales
We can design and perform the required statistical analyses. Here is a sample of some of the analytical tools with which we are familiar:
- Traditional Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Factor Analysis
- Cluster Analysis
- Time Series Analysis
- Survival Analysis
- Canonical Correlations
- Discriminant Analysis
- Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)
- Hierarchical Linear Modeling (HLM)
- Path Analysis
We have expertise with virtually every statistical and qualitative software package, including but not limited to:
We are experts in using qualitative data analysis software such as NVivo 10, Nud*ist, HyperResearch, and Atlas. We are adept with scholarly databases such as JSTOR, Ebsco, ProQuest, Scopus, Questia, Blackwell Synergy, ScienceDirect, and many others.
I have worked closely with AMSTAT Consulting on the data analysis/results of two research projects so feel as though I am knowledgeable about their expertise. On all accounts, the company provided me with reliable statistical analysis and results that I could translate into publishable format. They are conscientious experts who provide keen insights into appropriate statistical analysis given various data sets. I highly recommend them for your statistical support needs!
We have been very pleased with working with AMSTAT Consulting. The service was custom tailored and on time completion. The statistical report was detailed with excellent graphics. The cost of the services was affordable for a start-up company such as EndoLogic! Dr. Ann is very detail oriented and likes to know the project thoroughly that is being analyzed.
Dr. Ann has been instrumental in helping with our statistical needs. In addition to her professionalism, she has been prompt and thorough with all of our requests. Dr. Ann’s work is impeccable, and I would recommend her services to anyone in need of assistance with statistical methods or interpretation. We plan on using Dr. Ann for all of our future needs, and I am thrilled to have been introduced to her.
International Vitamin Corporation