AMSTAT Consulting’s Four Areas of Expertise
AMSTAT Consulting has become nationally recognized for helping companies and hospitals chart their new course with greater efficiency and agility. We are dedicated to understanding the needs and desires of people. Thousands of successful clients cite these reasons for choosing to work with AMSTAT Consulting:
- All of our principals have PhD in statistics at leading universities including Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia.
- They include nationally renowned scholars who are also talented professors.
- They have extensive backgrounds in statistics and over 100 years of practical experience in quantitative and qualitative methods.
- They are experts in statistical analysis such as t-test, ANOVA, traditional regression, logistic regression, MANCOVA, factor analysis, cluster analysis, survival analysis, time series analysis, canonical correlations, discriminant analysis, and more advanced statistical techniques such as structural equation modeling (SEM), hierarchical linear modeling (HLM), and path analysis.
We are happy to provide the help you need at any or all of the following steps in earning the data-based answers you request:
- Establishing and operationalizing your hypotheses and research questions
- Providing ample instruction on the methods used
- Inputting, organizing, and cleaning the data
- Implementing the statistical analyses
- Testing reliability (such as Cronbach’s alpha, test-retest reliability, split-half reliability, and inter-rater reliability) and validity (such as content validity, construct validity, criterion validity, internal validity, and external validity)
- Writing up all results, including APA tables and figures
- Providing syntax and raw output file
- Explaining the results
- Allowing unlimited e-mail and phone support to ensure that you completely understand the results of the analysis
- Conducting two rounds of incidental statistics (i.e., if you would like additional statistics)
- Preparing an effective PowerPoint Presentation
- Supporting until project is complete.
AMSTAT Consulting is dedicated to detecting and correcting corrupt or inaccurate records from a record set, table, or database. The process of data cleaning includes data auditing, workflow specification, workflow execution, post-processing, and controlling.
We can use popular methods. Those include parsing, data transformation, duplicate elimination, and statistical methods. By analyzing the data using the values of mean, standard deviation, range, and clustering algorithms, we can find values that are unexpected and thus erroneous.
We can examine any standardized residual greater than about 3 in absolute value, Hat element greater than 3p/n (p=k+1, k degrees of freedom), a Cook’s distance > 1, and Mahalanobis’s distance for case. We run Outlier Analysis such as a run-sequence plot, a scatter plot, a histogram, and a box plot.
We can test reliability (such as Cronbach’s alpha, test-retest reliability, split-half reliability, and inter-rater reliability) and validity (such as content validity, construct validity, criterion validity, internal validity, and external validity).
We can design and perform the required statistical analyses. Here is a sample of some of the analytical tools with which we are familiar:
- Correlation Analysis
- Traditional Regression
- Multiple Regression Analysis
- Logistic Regression
- Factor Analysis
- Cluster Analysis
- Time Series Analysis
- Survival Analysis
- Canonical Correlations
- Discriminant Analysis
- Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)
- Hierarchical Linear Modeling (HLM)
- Path Analysis
- Bayesian analysis
- Descriptive Statistics
- Discrepancy Analysis
- Friedman two-way ANOVA (analysis of variance)
- Futility Analysis
- Hierarchical Linear Modeling
- Intraclass Correlation Coefficient
- Interim Analysis
- Item Analysis
- Kruskal-Wallace one-way analysis of variance (ANOVA)
- Latent Variable Analysis
- Longitudinal Growth Modeling
- Mann-Whitney U
- Multidimensional Scaling
- Multilevel Path Modeling/Multilevel Structural Equation Modeling
- Multivariate Logistic Regression
- Power Analysis
- Raking Data
- Tau-U Analysis
- Transformations for normality or linearity
- Trend Analysis
- Wilcoxon signed-rank test
We are experts in statistical programming languages such as SAS, SPSS, HLM, Mplus, STATA, R, and Access.
I have worked closely with AMSTAT Consulting on the data analysis/results of two research projects so feel as though I am knowledgeable about their expertise. On all accounts, the company provided me with reliable statistical analysis and results that I could translate into publishable format. They are conscientious experts who provide keen insights into appropriate statistical analysis given various data sets. I highly recommend them for your statistical support needs!
We have been very pleased with working with AMSTAT Consulting. The service was custom tailored and on time completion. The statistical report was detailed with excellent graphics. The cost of the services was affordable for a start-up company such as EndoLogic! Dr. Ann is very detail oriented and likes to know the project thoroughly that is being analyzed.
Dr. Ann has been instrumental in helping with our statistical needs. In addition to her professionalism, she has been prompt and thorough with all of our requests. Dr. Ann’s work is impeccable, and I would recommend her services to anyone in need of assistance with statistical methods or interpretation. We plan on using Dr. Ann for all of our future needs, and I am thrilled to have been introduced to her.